December 16, 2013
« A unique event held under the auspices of the Union des Grands Crus de Bordeaux! »
For the ninth year in a row, the Union des Grands Crus is organising an event bringing together the finest wines of Bordeaux's Left and Right Banks.
The Weekend des Grands Crus, which will take place on the 17th and 18th of May 2014, offers wine enthusiasts the opportunity to taste two vintages (2011 and another chosen by the château owner) of over 100 great wines under one roof, and to take part in various activities, including vineyard tours and dinners in famous châteaux.
Dinners during the next Weekend des Grands Crus will be held at Châteaux Beychevelle, Figeac, Guiraud, Latour-Martillac, Olivier, Pichon Longueville and La Pointe.
The Union des Grands Crus de Bordeaux also offers gift boxes on their website (ugcb.net) containing tickets to the large tasting on Saturday as well as the Union's official guide.
What a great idea for the holiday season!
Booking on ugcb.net:
- Tasting notes: 60 € for reservations made before 15 May (1/2 price for students and wine professionals)
- "Dîners Passion" at châteaux: 140 € by advance reservation
- "Soirée des Grands Crus": 60 €
- Vineyard tours: 90 € by advance reservation (lunch and transport included)
- Golf tournament: 95€ by advance reservation (lunch and greens fee included –prizes consist of bottles of Bordeaux great growths)
Information at ugcb.net